With this update, athletes can take advantage of the following features:
- Improved VO2 max: Record VO2 max during a trail run activity (can be turned off if desired) and receive a more accurate VO2 max that accounts for difficult terrain or footing when using the “run” activity profile.
- Rate of perceived exertion (RPE) and feel: After a workout, an athlete can record how hard it was and how it felt. These subjective ratings are then uploaded to Garmin Connect™ as part of the activity. Also available on the Forerunner 45 and Forerunner 45S.
- Improved intensity minutes: Find out how and when daily intensity minutes were earned.
- Daily suggested workouts: Receive on-device running daily workout suggestions based on training history, fitness level and recovery time.
- Advanced sleep and sleep score by Firstbeat Analytics: Right from the wrist, review advanced sleep metrics including sleep stages and receive a sleep score and sleep insights based on the quality and quantity of the previous night’s sleep.
- Ultra run activity: Log time spent at aid stations while using the ultra run activity with rest timer.
- Additional animated on-screen workouts: Easy-to-follow workouts, including cardio, strength, yoga and Pilates can be downloaded from the Garmin Connect app and synced directly to the watch.
- Improved fitness age: Receive a more accurate estimate of the body’s “fitness age” using chronological age, activity, resting heart rate and BMI or body fat percentage.1
You can update their Forerunner by pairing the watch with the Garmin Connect app.