Garmin Forerunner 645 Music - With Black Band
- In Stock
Garmin Forerunner 645 - GPS Running Watch with Music and More.
GPS Running Watch with Music and Contactless Payments
- Easily download up to 500 songs to your watch, and connect with Bluetooth® headphones (sold separately) for phone-free listening
- Syncs music from select streaming services for offline listening¹
- Garmin Pay™ contactless payment solution² lets you make convenient payments with your watch, so you can leave your cash and cards at home (Coming Soon!)
- Provides advanced running dynamics³, including ground contact time balance, stride length, vertical ratio and more
- Uses wrist-based heart rate4 to offer performance monitoring features, including evaluating your current training status
- Battery life: up to 7 days in smartwatch mode; 5 hours in GPS mode with music, GPS mode without music: Up to 14 hours
Running is more than just exercise — it’s a performance. And Forerunner 645 Music has the tools to help you put on an outstanding show every time you lace up your shoes. It features on-device music storage — so you can run with your favorite tunes — and contactless payments that let you buy what you need without missing a beat. With all those features plus advanced running dynamics and performance monitoring tools, this GPS running watch is the instrument you need to refine the performance.
With up to 500 songs worth of music storage built right into your watch, we’re putting the “beat” in your daily mission to beat yesterday. It’s easy to transfer music from your computer and then queue up your favorite playlist for easy listening through Bluetooth headphones. You can even sync your carefully crafted playlists from select music streaming services¹ to your watch for more ad-free listening. Now you really can leave your phone behind when you head out for a run, because the music that helps keep you moving is right there on your wrist.
Paying Made Easy
Always on the run? Feel free to leave your phone and wallet behind. Forerunner 645 Music features Garmin Pay contactless payment solution,² which lets you pay for purchases with your watch. Use it just about anywhere you can tap your card to pay. A bottle of water here, a bite to eat there — just pay, and keep on moving.
Tune up Your Training
We’re making it easier to get the data you need to improve your form. Let Forerunner 645 Music measure crucial running metrics³ that you can use to analyze your performance. Biomechanical measurements², such as cadence, stride length, ground contact time and balance, vertical oscillation and vertical ratio, are the key to understanding your form so you can bring your best on race day. These metrics are available with the addition of a compatible heart rate strap or the compact Running Dynamics Pod, which clips right onto your waistband. Also, take advantage of feature sets to help with cycling and even swim training. In the pool, Forerunner 645 Music will track your distance, pace, stroke count and more.
Monitor Your Performance
Just how effective is your current training plan? Forerunner 645 Music will help you monitor your training and recovery so you can better prepare for a race or training cycle. Training status is a performance monitoring tool that automatically evaluates your recent exercise history and performance indicators to let you know if you’re training productively, peaking or overreaching. The anaerobic training effect metric opens a window of insight to a critical dimension of training, telling you how your training is improving your ability to push the limits. You can even view your overall training load, which measures your exercise volume from the last 7 days and compares it to the optimal range for your fitness and recent training history.
More Ways to Customize
Check out the Connect IQ™ store, where you can add personality to Forerunner 645 Music by downloading apps, widgets, watch faces and more. It’s easy and — even better — it’s free. New apps are added every day, so you can keep tabs on when your Uber is arriving, turn on your lights at home with the SmartThings app, and even use the AccuWeather MinuteCast app to find out when the rain will start. With the Face It™ watch face app, choose any image from your photo library, make some tweaks, and set it as your watch’s face.
Stay Connected on the Run
Forerunner 645 Music makes it easy to run without leaving important smart features behind. Once paired with your compatible smartphone, you’ll be able to receive and even respond7 to text messages and see social media updates, emails and more right on your wrist. Find your phone, access music controls, and let friends LiveTrack your runs.
Share and Compete
Syncing your activities to Garmin Connect is for more than just storing your data. Garmin Connect™ is a thriving online community where people on the go can connect and compete by joining challenges, encourage each other’s successes and even share their triumphs via social media. Garmin Connect is free and available on the web or on your smartphone with the Garmin Connect™ Mobile app.
Train Your Way
Your routine is anything but routine. Forerunner 645 Music lets you change things up with ease, thanks to built-in activity profiles for running (indoor/outdoor), cycling (indoor/outdoor), swimming (pool), elliptical, paddle sports, strength training and many more. Create your own custom workouts, and download for free from our Garmin Connect online fitness community. Then review your past efforts on the app, or share them with family and friends for added motivation.
Love the Look
Designed for runners, Forerunner 645 Music features a reliable five-button interface that lets you mark laps with a quick press. Feel free to take this watch outside in all kinds of weather. Not only is it safe for swimming and showering, its Garmin Chroma Display™ is easy to read — even in direct sunlight — and housed under chemically strengthened glass. When you want to change it up, swapping bands is fast and doesn’t require tools. And with up to 7 days of battery life in smartwatch mode and 5 hours in GPS mode with music playback, Forerunner 645 Music is the running partner that can keep up with you.
iHeartRadio All Access — All Your Favorite Music
iHeartRadio All Access makes it easy to take your music with you. Just download playlists to your Forerunner 645 Music, and go! Sign up for a free 30-day trial of iHeartRadio All Access today to take your favorite music offline and listen while you’re on the move.
- GPS Time Sync
- Automatic daylight saving time
- Alarm clock
- Sunrise/sunset times
- Face It watch face creator
- Garmin Elevate wrist heart rate monitor
- Barometric altimeter
Daily Smart Features
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, ANT+, Wi-Fi
- Connect IQ (downloadable watch faces, data fields, widgets and apps)
- Smart notifications
- Text response/reject phone call with text (Android only)
- Controls smartphone music
- Find My Phone
- Find My Watch
- VIRB remote
- Smartphone Compatibility: iPhone and Android
- Compatible with Garmin Connect Mobile
- Garmin Pay
Activity Tracking Features
- Step counter
- Move bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset it)
- Auto goal (learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal)
- Sleep monitoring (monitors total sleep and periods of movement or restful sleep)
- Calories burned
- Floors climbed
- Distance traveled
- Intensity minutes
- Move IQ
- Fitness Age (in app)
Fitness Equipment / Gym
- Preloaded Gym Activity Profiles: strength training, cardio training, elliptical training, stair stepping, floor climbing, indoor rowing, and yoga
- Cardio workouts
- Strength workouts
- Automatic rep counting
Training, Planning, and Analysis Features
- GPS speed and distance
- Customizable data pages
- Customizable activity profiles
- Auto Pause
- Interval training
- Advanced workouts
- Downloadable training plans
- Auto Lap
- Manual lap
- Virtual Partner
- Configurable lap alerts
- V02 max
- Training Status (lets you see if you're training effectively by tracking your training history and fitness level trend.)
- Training Load (your total training load for the last 7 days calculated from estimated EPOC)
- Training Effect (aerobic)
- Training Effect (anaerobic)
- Customizable alerts
- Audio prompts
- Finish time
- Race an Activity
- Course guidance
- Segments (Live, Garmin)
- Strava features (Beacon, live segments)
- Touch and/or button lock
- Auto scroll
- Activity history on watch
Heart Rate Features
- HR zones
- HR alerts
- HR calories
- % HR max
- % HRR
- Recovery time
- Auto max HR
- HR Broadcast (broadcasts HR data over ANT+ to paired devices)
- Preloaded Run Profiles: running, treadmill running, indoor track
- GPS-based distance, time, and pace
- Running dynamics
- Cadence (provides real-time number of steps per minute)
- Performance condition (after running 6-20 minutes, compares your real-time condition to your average fitness level)
- Run workouts
- Race predictor
- Foot pod capable
Outdoor Recreation Features
- Preloaded Outdoor Recreation Profiles: skiing, snowboarding, XC skiing, stand up paddleboarding, rowing
- Point-to-point navigation
- Bread crumb trail in real time
- Back to start
- UltraTrac mode
- Elevation profile
- Distance to destination
- Vertical speed
- Total ascent/descent
- GPS coordinates
- Preloaded Cycling Profiles: biking, indoor biking
- Race an activity
- Time/distance alerts (triggers alarm when you reach goal)
- Compatible with Varia Vision (head-mounted display)
- Compatible with Varia radar (rear-facing radar)
- Compatible with Varia lights
- Speed and Cadence Sensor Support (with sensor): yes (ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart)
- Preloaded Swim Profiles: pool swimming
- Pool swim metrics (lengths, distance, pace, stroke count/rate, calories)
- Stroke type detection (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly)
- Swim efficiency (SWOLF)
- Drill logging
- Pool swim workouts
Smartwatch Mode: Up to 7 days
GPS mode with music: Up to 5 hours
GPS mode without music: Up to 14 hours
240 x 240 pixels
1.2" (30.4 mm) diameter
Delivery & Returns
Here at Fitness New Zealand we offer a quick, safe and affordable option for delivering your online purchase to home, office or wherever you choose to get your order sent to.
Online Home Delivery
New Zealand Wide Shipping, Courier Post charge starting at $3.90 - through to $7.95 for bulkier/heavier items and Rural Delivery. Orders placed before 4pm Weekdays are normally delivered the following day throughout New Zealand
Click & Collect
You are welcome to order online and arrange to collect your order from our Christchurch location at a time that suits you. We will notify you once your order is ready to collect.
If a problem occurs with a product purchased from Fitness New Zealand please contact us. We will arrange for it to be repaired or replaced, or provide a refund as specified by the Consumer Guarantees Act.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Forerunner 645 | 645 Music: Getting the Most Out of Your Device
Learn how to use your Forerunner 645 device. This GPS running ...
Forerunner 645 | 645 Music: Loading and Listening to Music on Your Garmin Device
Learn how to use your Forerunner 645 device. This GPS running ...
Music From Third-party Providers on Your Garmin Device
Select Garmin devices let you store your favorite music from t...
Thank you fitness New Zealand Ltd for your excellent customer service. My new Garmin Forerunner watch meets expectations and you were very efficient and helpful filling my order!
My first Garmin watch and I'm very happy with my purchase. Loving the Garmin Connect App. Service from Steve was great.. Kept me updated all the way regarding the supply delay (from Garmin) Thanks Team
I upgraded to the 645 music from a TomTom Adventurer and I'm really happy I did. The Garmin is better in every department to the the TomTom so I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a running watch with onboard music. The customer service from Steve at Fitness New Zealand is the best I have experienced for ages, it really is A1. I will absolutely be shopping with Fitness New Zealand again and couldn't recommend them more highly.
Great product with a tonne of useful features. Only downside is that, being a brand new product, there are some software glitches that need to be fixed. But that's just a part of adopting new Garmin watches. For example, my watch rebooted twice during a 45 minute run while using on board music. Garmin is aware of this, and will hopefully patch it in the next update. Otherwise, customer service at fitness NZ is great, and I highly recommend them and this product!
Excellent product. Really happy with all the functions and that it plays music. Only slight downside is no touch screen. But once you get the hang of it, no problem. Personal favorites include wrist HR, sleep tracker, running pace, steps, weekly km, and aerobic/anaerobic zones. Great customer service, too. Paid and picked up same day.